Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Mar 22 10:26:16 CST 2003

On March 21, 2003 02:14 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
> But note: varargs functions cannot be inline, it seems.
> Thus the defines
>
> #define cprintf _cprintf
> #define cscanf _cscanf
>
> in conio.h cannot be handled this way.
> BTW, although MSVC4.0 used #define's to do this kind of
> aliasing, MSVC6.0 uses some other scheme; both cprintf and _cprintf
> have real prototypes in conio.h there.
>
> Anyone know what the right thing to do there is?

Yes, I know about the problem. Apparently MSVC has some oldnames lib,
so they go through the linker to do the aliasing:

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/01/0446.html

So the right solution if for us to do the same. I don't have MSVC,
but if I understand it correctly, we'll have to create an oldnames.dll
that has the right forwards. Alexandre?

--
Dimi.