Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Mar 23 20:37:36 CST 2003

On March 23, 2003 07:51 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> This won't work, the forwarding needs to be done at link time, not at
> run time. Sure you can add the entry points to msvcrt, but then it
> won't be compatible with the native one.

I understand it would be preferable to do the forwarding at link time,
but why it will not work if we do it at run time? Yes, our msvcrt will
have 3-4 additional entry points, but will they break anything in real
life? All Win32 binaries already refer to the other symbols, no?

> It seems to me the defines
> are fine as a bandaid too; do we have a real life case where the
> varargs functions are a problem?

The ACE thing, for one.

--
Dimi.