Java in wine?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Thu Mar 27 05:27:49 CST 2003

> Yes. Swing uses DirectDraw. But you can disable direct draw usage with the
> -Dsun.java2d.noddraw option.
> (That is running program with 'java -Dsun.java2d.noddraw main.Class' )
>
> I had to use this option when I had a S3 Virge DX (graphic card), since it had
> glitches with ddraw.

Thanks, I didn't know about that option, very useful! :)

Quick investigation led to me to conclude that fixing this bug is not
trivial, a proper clipper implementation is required. It'd be nice to
fix it sometime, I don't think it's especially hard. Just a matter of
hours.

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center