WineHQ: still TODO
Dimitrie O. Paun
dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri Mar 28 11:47:32 CST 2003
Here is my personal TODO list for our very beautiful WineHQ site.
1. Integrate Bugzilla into the site
2. Integrate AppDB into the site
3. Integrate the guids into the site
Jer, silly question: Bugzilla and AppDB seem to already be
written with the 'boxed' approach. I haven't looked at the
code, but any fundamental reason we can't simply stick the
main Bugzilla or AppDB main box into WineHQ?
4. The Who's Who page is terribly out of date. Also, the
organization with VIPs/Core/etc. sucks IMO. The page should
include only the active developers, the rest should go into
an Acknowledgements page.
5. Speaking of which, we're missing an Acknowledgements page.
This should include significant contributors, significant
corporate sponsors, funding sources.
6. The Download pages don't feel like. They should refer to
the HowTo rather than duplicate the information. Also the
Download/Sources is too skinny, needs more meat.
7. The HowTo needs improvements. There's a lot more stuff
that we need to add to it.
8. We're missing a History page, that would put everything
in context and a nice narative.
9. The Contributing page is too heavy, needs better integration
with the new Fun Projects/Winelib/Janitorial pages.
10. The Sending Patches needs a bit more work. The .cvsrc link is
wrong, maybe a bit more info on how to configure various email
clients to not mangle patches, make it more clear that only
uniffied diff is acceptable, show an example .cvsrc, how to
email a patch (ChangeLog, one patch/per message, etc). Stuff
we've been discussing for so long. Tony, I know you've been
doing work in this area, maybe you can look into it?
11. TODO/Fun Projects/Janitorial/Winelib pages need constant
updating from my site. I'll do that.
12. The Status/UI Status page still needs some work. Help wanted.
13. Get rid of the Miscellaneous section from Status/Core Status.
14. The Search box is too low, one needs to scroll to get to it,
even in high resolutions.
Any other requests? BTW, why aren't WineHQ CVS commits visible on
More information about the wine-devel