With-* test in configure (was: wine and RedHat 9)

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu May 1 12:17:26 CDT 2003

Oh, sorry.

The 'with-' is a special case, as a test is done on with-* to only
reject invalid shell variable names.

I dont know if this should be fixed into autoconf or our configure
code.

Cc'ing your request to wine-devel.

 --- Rob Hughes <rob at robhughes.com> a écrit :
> You have to type --with-lptn or whatever. It doesn't check it,
> verified
> here on Sunday's CVS source.
>
> I've also noticed a lot of dialogs showing up in a couple different
> languages, but I suppose that's a different issue.
do you have examples ? Its easy to fix as they often are untranslated
messages.

> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 11:15, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> >  --- Patrick R Griffin <griffinp at MIT.EDU> a écrit :
> > > "./configure --with-nptl"  is correct.
> > > As Rob noticed, though, typing in "./configure --with-ltpn" or
some
> > > other typo will compile successfully - no error message - but
> > > will not include the threading library corrections.
> > If this works call me Joan of Arc :)
> >
> > [syl at snoop wine]$ ./configure --ltpn
> > configure: error: unrecognized option: --ltpn
> > Try `./configure --help' for more information.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.