New metabugs

hatky hatkyinc at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 12:28:26 CDT 2003

--- Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Hatky wrote:
> > Ok so mybe the fix-me/stub/unimplemented bugs
> category
> > is a really bad idea but we are having diffrent
> > opinions on the more general idea of using
> metabugs as
> > categories...
>
> Hi Hatky,
> I appreciate the energy you're bringing to the wine
> project!
Thanks a lot.

> That said, it might be a good idea for you to tread
> lightly
> at least at first in the winehq bugzilla.
Tread lightly? you mean little changes insted of the
full reorginaztion I was trying to make?
> Like you,
> I just
> started contributing to a bugzilla (OpenOffice's),
> and
> the guys there are probably as nervous about me
> messing
> with their bugzilla as I am about you messing around
> in
> Wine's bugzilla!  So I'm being cautious, and instead
> of
> creating a metabug right off the bat, I created some
> canned
> queries and links to bugs on my own web site
>   (http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/)
> to try out my ideas first.  And when the openoffice
> qa mailing
> list folks say "yeah, go ahead and create a
> metabug", I will -
> but one at a time, and gently.
>
> Anyway, don't let me slow you down.  Just remember
> that
> bug tracking is a social issue, and you have to pay
> attention
> to how the other developers feel about it.
I am not sure what they realy think yes I only got 3
responces 2 of witch where positive :)...
I guess I will have to wait for the next week to start
when codewaver will return to flame me (or not) :)

I was also helping close a few bugs and I am sure that
is not bad :).

> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> --