New metabugs

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sun May 4 23:22:52 CDT 2003

Francois Gouget wrote:

> * I am not convinced we should have a 'bidi' keyword. A component may
>be more approriate. Would the 'wine-gdi' component be suitable or is it
>too crowded? Or maybe an 'internationalization' keyword (or 'i18n',
>it's much shorter).

Some BiDi bugs are in GDI, some in UI, some in common controls. I don't
think specifying BiDi as a component is the right thing to do. It has no
specific location in the sources, for one thing.

Right now BiDi bugs are blocking meta-bug 609 (opened by you, Francois
:-). This actually makes sense, as the meta-bug has an owner (me), who
is notified by email when something changes there (such as - the
addition of bug 1425, which has now totally changed its name). As such,
I'm not sure how important it is to have a keyword as well (though it
will probably make it easier for people who are not familiar with
meta-bug 609 to navigate the system).

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant