CVS - Notes Breakage

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 5 12:27:27 CDT 2003

    Kevin> This mornings CVS of wine breaks Lotus Notes 5.0.11 This is the
    Kevin> message I get from wine-dbg

    Kevin> Unhandled exception: unimplemented function
    Kevin> user32.dll.SendIMEMessageExA called in 32-bit code (0x40afb052).
    Kevin> In 32-bit mode.  0x40afb052 (__wine_unimplemented+0x52
    Kevin> [user32.spec.c:42] in user32.dll.so): jmp0x40afb04c
    Kevin> (__wine_unimplemented+0x4c [user32.spec.c:42] in user32.dll.so)
    Kevin> 50 void __wine_stub_user32_dll_14(void) {
    Kevin> __wine_unimplemented("BlockInput"); }

Are you sure you didn't change anything else? I doubt that wine itself will
call the unimplemented function SendIMEMessageExA. So either your Notes
setup/native dll setup changed or wine was fixed in some way that another
codepath is taken now that calls SendIMEMessageExA. Perhaps try to find out
where SendIMEMessageExA is called. depends.exe moght be of help/.

Anyways: SendIMEMessageExA seems undocumented:
Peace, another Win compatibility approach
http://chiharu.hauN.org/peace

has
/*
 * Old IME API?
 */
EXTERN_C LRESULT WINAPI
SendIMEMessageExA(HWND p1, LPARAM p2)
{
        ADP("SendIMEMessageExA [not implemented]");
        /* XXX */
        return TRUE;
}

as stub implementation. Do you know how to integrate this in wine?
If not, tell me to send you a patch for testing.

It might however be that Notes _needs_ this function working or otherwise
needed functions will not work. We have to see.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de