CVS - Notes Breakage

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 5 14:17:46 CDT 2003

    Sylvain> Uve, look at
    Sylvain> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/2003/05/0005.html.
    Sylvain> (03/05/02) This patch adds user32.dll.SendIMEMessageExA as a
    Sylvain> stub in user32.spec.

Oh.

Probably the function is called via GetProcAddress. If the function is not
listed in our spec file, GetProcAdress will fail. If it is listed,
GetProcAddress will succeed and when the prgram jumps to that address, a
crash will happen.

This makes me wonder if we should not return Failure toe GetProcAddress if a
stub-only function is requested. Investigating...

Bye

PS: Uve->Uwe and please no 3 mails ( to the list, to me and to me as CC)

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de