NPTL auto detection

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Fri May 9 13:16:09 CDT 2003

Oh, sorry, should have thought of this before. If it were possible to
reliably detect NPTL breakage in the configure script, would you accept
a patch to add this temporarily? Some of the people hitting this problem
have very little technical knowledge, editing wineinstall , make
distclean etc is a bit beyond them, especially if they don't know where
to get help in the first place.

If so, I don't suppose you know of any handy ways to detect it that we
can put in a configure check?

thanks -mike