Wine Window Sizing

wine at baker-net.org.uk wine at baker-net.org.uk
Tue May 13 17:11:11 CDT 2003

I noticed (when playing freecell) that wine doesn't respect maximum window
sizes defined by the application and doesn't flash the title bar when using
the KDE window manager (it works fine using Desktop=... in the config file)

This seemed as though it might be a reasonably straight forward area for a
wine newbie to try to fix so I've started by writing a test program that
calls the relevant methods. My program behaves as I believe it should when
run on Windows NT or XP or in Desktop mode and exhibits the same problems as
freecell when using the KDE window manager. (Code is available at
www.baker-net.org.uk/wine if anyone is interested).

Anyway it looks as though wine doesn't attempt to make any ICCCM calls with
the ptMaxTrackSize value in the structure obtained with WM_GETMINMAXINFO or
for FlashWindow.

Before I look into how I could implement this, is there a reason it isn't done
or is anyone else working on it?