Bugzilla Upgraded

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 17 11:51:10 CDT 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> - Login is mandatory otherwise you cant read bugs.
> Its too bad, you cant see if a bug already exists before openeing an
> account nor follow a link to a bug.

I think it's ok to require login to read bugs.  This is
the only effective defence against rampaging robots.

I recently created a web page about how to triage
OpenOffice.org bugs (http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/),
and even though I stuck <meta name="robots" content="nofollow">
in the head, I think spambots are hammering the openoffice issuezilla
server and make the current slowdowns worse.

Plus there's the matter of all those email addresses.  Requiring
login helps shield the email addresses in bugzilla from spambots.

So hip hip hooray for the upgrade from this developer,
restrictive access and all.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel