int21 testing

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Sun May 18 06:05:36 CDT 2003

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> is there a way to incorporate DOS interrupt testing in the
> conformance testing framework?  I recall that I saw some
> comments that Win32 applications should not be able to call
> DOS interrupts.  But it should be testable at least...  Now
> I have separate DOS16 programs for that.

Win32 application cannot call interrupts directly.
You could use VWIN32 VxD to call some interrupts
(int21 for example) and this should even work under
Win95/Win98/WinMe. It could even be possible that
this works under WinXP, if it has emulation code
for supporting old applications, but I doubt it.

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>