wine/ dlls/winedos/Makefile.in dlls/winedos/.c ...

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sun May 18 10:59:27 CDT 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 04:53:08AM -0700, hatky wrote:
> 1. So why did they move VXD's to dos?

Because they are the drivers for DOS-based Windows versions
(9x, ME)? (Just guessing here)

> 2. Do native VXD's in wine load for every windows
> version defined?

No, they don't work in *any* version.

> 3. Do you mean a messy rewrite or just compilling with
> the winelib?

A complete reimplementation.

> 4. Since it's kind of a driver I get wine will never
> support real ones, not in the near fauter, right?

Correct.

> 5. Was supporting real windows drivers ever came up? I
> know that if something like this would of been done it
> wouldn't be it wine but I wander, is there such a
> project?

Drivers need hardware access, expect a certain memory layout,
access to interrupts and whatever. Actually, this sort of
project exists, it's called Bochs and implements a virtual PC.
I think nothing less than that is going to work.

Ciao
 Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer at loplof.de>