DSound bug in 'DuplicateSoundBuffer'

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue May 20 13:06:55 CDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 06:18:46PM -0400, Robert Reif wrote:
> I'm in the process of auditing and cleaning up the error propagation
> and checking in direct sound right now trying to locate problems in
> the maxpayne game and have found and fixed a few errors already.  I'm
> tracking down another or possibly the same 3d buffer error right now.
> I hope to have a patch out in 24 hours.  Would you be willing to try it
> out first before I release it to the list?

Well, no problem for me, but I doubt I will have much time in the next two
days to test it. Anyway, it's not blocking for me anymore as I worked around
the problem by hacking some stuff in the DSound code :-)

But still, thanks for the support...

       Lionel

PS: the game demo I was using was 'ArxFatalis' in case you need another test
    case.

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/