[FYI] SourceForge stats

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue May 20 15:36:46 CDT 2003

Le mar 20/05/2003 à 16:18, Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit :
> On 20 May 2003, Vincent Béron wrote:
>
> > Actually, it's possible to run something on each commit on sf. I'm not
> > familiar enough with either system (winehq and sf), but it might be
> > possible to coerce the tools to work on sf. The remaining point would be
> > the storage space for all those patches, as IIRC there's a 100MB soft
> > limit on web space usage by each project...
>
> There's no patch stored anywhere other than CVS -- the tools compute them
> on demand when you access the link. They do support storage of the patch
> for subsequent fast retrieval, but that feature is not used on WineHQ.

Ok, I thought it was generated once (when Alexandre applied it), then
served back when asked for it.

> What about cvsup, do SF export the CVS repository through cvsup?

From
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14033&group_id=1:
"Use of rsync, CVSup, etc. with SourceForge.net project CVS services is
not currently supported."

So, no. Only daily tarballs of the whole repository.

Also note that I wasn't advocating such a change, more specifically the
opposite :)

Vincent