Help with dlopen and friends

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu May 22 14:38:54 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 19:43, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>5. Static link the library - now that will actually work. It is
>>equivalent to 2 without the maintanance headache.
>>

>Depending on how widely used it is, this may be an acceptable option. I
>don't really understand why you can't use the official header files
>thought that presumably do this name mangling.

I can. But then you have to use the EXACT same version in runtime.

>If this is actually the scheme they use, don't worry about future
>versions not working - all future versions will have that function, they
>may have other versions with different end tags though.

So how come "nm -D" comes up with only one version of the function? I
don't think they intend for this to be the case.

>>Opinions and thoughts, please.
>>

>looks like you're stuck anyway :(

Thanks `-).

>thanks -mike

I'm going to static link. It seems like the only sensible solution.
Since I have 2.1, and Eric has 2.6, there is little hope of doing
dynamic linking and hoping for it to work.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant