Am I allowed to static link it?

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri May 23 06:18:57 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

>You shouldn't have to statically link the C++ standard library as well,

Yeah, I'm working on a solution that will only static link ICU. When
it's ready, we'll see how well it functions.

>though not doing so would mean Wine suddenly becomes victim to the C++
>ABI breakage which might cause issues for CodeWeavers. Why do you need
>to do this?

Because ICU itself is written in C++. The moment I static link it into
Wine (gdi.dll.so, to be specific), it develops a depndancy on stdc++.

Alexander - are you sure you don't want to put all the BiDi stuff into a
seperate DLL?

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh