CTRL-C in winedbg

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Sat May 24 01:55:40 CDT 2003

I tried to set a breakpoint in agent when I investigated that crash. Since the
address was not available at start I fired up Agent and then used <CTRL>-C in
winedbg afterwards. The problem I had with this is, that this doesn't seem to
be transparent to the application. Most of the time Agent crashed with
unhandled exception when I continued. I thought that pressing CTRL-C shouldn't
be noticable for the debugee. Of course there could be code that could make
problems like timer or such, but I don't know if this is the case here. I
tried this several times and only two times it worked as expected. All the
other times Agent crashed.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)