Agent crashes when sending article

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat May 24 04:18:32 CDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 08:51:52 +0200, you wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2003 07:52:17 +0200, Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >I still cannot reproduce this.
> >
> >How far does the sending come ? (if I follow the status line I see
> >"looking up news.bla.bla", "connecting to news.bla.bla", "sending
> >message" and "finished sending message")
>
> It goes all the way trhought. But maybe this makes a difference. When the
> dialog appears that it couldn't sent the message, I immediately press space to
> dismiss the dialog. I noticed that it didn't always crash when I used the
> mouse instead. This scenario works for me almost every time (nine out of ten).
> Maybe it's the timing?

What dialog? I get after 10 seconds or so a dialog that asks me what to
do with the message (try again, move to trash, remind me later and one
or two others). Space does not work there.

> >A +relay,+winsock,+seh trace between the <ALT>S and the crash would be
> >my starting point here. The seh: trace messages will show when the
> >exception occurs.
>
> Can I grep this from the file? If these message are identifyable then it would
> be easier for me. Otherwise I'll try it with these.

It is easier to try again. But may be winsock is not so helpfull, if it
is the dialog that crashes.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes