Agent crashes when sending article

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat May 24 10:09:50 CDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 14:37:39 +0200, you wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2003 11:18:32 +0200, Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >What dialog? I get after 10 seconds or so a dialog that asks me what to
> >do with the message (try again, move to trash, remind me later and one
> >or two others). Space does not work there.
>
> If you use a non-existing newsgroup and try to send it, you get first the
> online error notification dialog which has only one button. Only after that
> you get the the dialog asking what to do with the message.

Got it. I had to disable the "continue after an online error occurs"
option to get this notification box. Now if I do <ALT>S in this way:

depress ALT
depress S
release ALT
release S

I get a similar crash. In the, for me more natural, way:

depress ALT
depress S
release S
release ALT

no crash occurs.

> >It is easier to try again. But may be winsock is not so helpfull, if it
> >is the dialog that crashes.
>
> It certainly is not the dialog because this happens also quite frequently when
> sending normal email. I only managed to find this scenario which reproduces
> this crash reliably.
>
> When sending with the "Send Now" button using the mouse instead of <ALT>-S
> this doesn't happen, though.

So it may have to do how you press ALT-S, and it just happens to be a
send command. The backtrace seems to indicate that anyway.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl