cvs.diff

Tom twickline at skybest.com
Mon May 26 03:52:21 CDT 2003

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>>>Because cvs -z3 still hangs at the end of any cvs command.
>>>

>Ah, now THAT is an explanation that gives it a lot of sense...

Sure does :))

>>Well, after it started to hang for me after a WineHQ crash, I changed it
>>to -z0 for once and moved it back to -z9 right after -z0 case succeeded.
>>-z9 still works fine for me under both Linux and win2k.
>>

>How about leaving -z3 as is and adding a notice about potential hangs
>in red letters?

Why not put in red letters 0 works but you can try from 1 to 9 ?

>I'm not sure whether we should easily give up on that compression gain...

I agree people get the source a little faster but the server also has to
works harder ?
I say change it to 0 untill 3 ( or whatever ) works for everyone. And in
the mean time you can still
use whatever you wish.
The page is for newbies to cvs anyway...... most experienced users are
going to go with
what's in there .cvsrc

Tom