Windows version handling

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 27 13:41:41 CDT 2003

Thomas Charbonnel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reported a crash some days ago, triggered when WritePrivateProfileString
> is called with a NULL lpFileName. I was advised to test windows'
> behaviour, which I did. The call behaves differently on Win9x/Me and
> WinNT/2K/XP. Should I model the patch after this ? If yes, is there an
> internal Wine mechanism to deal with windows versions, or should I just
> call GetVersionEx ?
it also depends on the behavior
if, let say, Win9x crashed and Win NT don't crash and return an error
code, then the simplest is to return the error code in all cases (and
leave a comment in the code noting the difference with Win 9x)
if the differences are more important, then more advanced techniques
should be used

A+

--
Eric Pouech