little WWN problem

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Tue May 27 15:52:41 CDT 2003

> How come "The top 5 posters of the week" are almost always screwed up:

Because people like you post from two email accounts.

When I generate the stats it considers each email address
a unique name.  So stats get generated for both email
addresses.  When Jeremy parses the XML he looks for something
like the person who had the most posts and finds the correct
person but sometimes the stats that get returned are for the
last entry in the xml file.  If you look at the xml file you'll
probably notice right away what it's doing.

The scripts I generate stats from are fairly intelligent in
how they parse everything, but for people who post from more
than one account I have to know the offending names and have
sed fix it up.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com