Apps with problems during install using Managed Mode

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Thu May 29 10:44:41 CDT 2003

El jue, 29 de may de 2003, a las 17:23, Gerhard W. Gruber escribio:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003 15:53:56 +0200, Carlos Lozano <clozano at andago.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been checking some apps what had problems in order
> >to install in Managed Mode (due to background above the
> >continue window) and after of apply the change what i sent
> >yesterday it started to work. With luck it should work for
> >every Installshield app. Now the question:
> >
> >Do you know more apps with problems installing in managed mode?
>
> Can you provide a list of apps that you tested? I know that DarkProject 2 hung
> on install and I know another app as well, but I don't remeber which one that
> was. I can try several of course.

It were 5 apps (vampire demo, theme hospital demo, praetorima demo,
vtd amaril installer, and other game what i don't remember the name),
but everyone was Installshield, so i guest that installshield
should install correctly now. The question is: does it break any
different app?

> >inline static BOOL is_window_managed( WND *win )
>
> This is the patch? Then I'll apply it and test some things.

Yes, it is not really a diff (i will send it if someone need it),
anyway only add this 3 lines in that function, it should be ok to
test.

Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Consulting
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.ePSXe.com