Internet Explorer regressions

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu May 29 15:28:12 CDT 2003

Gregory M. Turner wrote:

> I've been trying to force myself to use nt4 mode & nt4 native dll's; Oh, and
> just to make it even more borked I'm using IE6 ;).   Absolutely no dice
> whatsoever, here.  The installation goes OK, but I just can't find a
> combination of native/wine dlls that doesn't go "bonk" real fast.  I think,
> this is about what I should expect with such a get-up, IOW its not a
> regression.

Ah, I should have said "reasonably fast" rather than "reasonably well".
I use IE very little, so shouldn't comment on stability.

Oops, I am running IE5, not 6.

That said, I am using these settings (mostly from Sylvain):

[AppDefaults\\iexplore.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win98"

[AppDefaults\\iexplore.exe\\DllOverrides]
"comctl32" = "native" # for favorites
"commctrl" = "native"
# "crypt32" = "native" # call to uninmplemented
# "msvcrt20" = "native"
"msvcrt" = "native"
# "oleaut32" = "native"# |
# "ole32" = "native"   # |not necessary in order to run
# "olepro32" = "native"# |
"rpcrt4" = "native"  # |
"shdocvw" = "native" # .101 PathRemoveBackslashW calls to undocumented
                      # in shlwapi and force IE to abort.
# "shell" = "native"   # }
# "shell32" = "native" # }
"shlwapi" = "native" # }} unimplemented funcs
"urlmon" = "native"  # }
"wininet" = "native" # }