Internet Explorer regressions

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu May 29 17:57:33 CDT 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 05:44 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > I've been trying to force myself to use nt4 mode & nt4 native dll's; Oh,
> > and just to make it even more borked I'm using IE6 ;).   Absolutely no
> > dice whatsoever, here.  The installation goes OK, but I just can't find a
> > combination of native/wine dlls that doesn't go "bonk" real fast.  I
> > think, this is about what I should expect with such a get-up, IOW its not
> > a regression.
>
> By "bonk" do you mean crash? I found I could avoid a freeze or crash by
> running it like this:

yes, that's the noise the windoze AV handler makes ;)

> wine --dll ole32,oleaut32,shdocvw,shell32,shfolder=n iexplore.exe --
> "http//some/address"

hmm, will give it a try

> Oh, and Greg, what about poor old cabinet.dll? The one I have to set to
> native to get lots of installers working......

Bummer.  I only implemented the undocumented parts used by Internet Explorer.
The documented parts of the dll, ironically, are stubs.  It would take some
work to finish it, but if it's stopping installers then I should probably
make the effort, eh? ;)

--
"A just security to property is not afforded by that government,
under which unequal taxes oppress one species of property and

gmt