edit control question

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Sat May 31 15:14:51 CDT 2003

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 03:40:55PM -0400, Steven Edwards wrote:
> Hello,
> I am wanting to adapt the WINE edit control for use in ReactOS and I
> dont understand how the edit control gets called by the application. I
> have a simple window program that calls the EDIT class and have stubbed
> out the exported functions but I dont see or understand how EditWndProc
> gets called from the application. When I look at the imports of my edit
> control test application this function isnt called but running it I do
> get a Window I can type text in. I am still really new to this whole
> programming gig so if I looking in the wrong area please point me in the
> right direction.

The class "EDIT" gets registered using RegisterClass, with the window
procedure specified.

So if you CreateWindow() a window with "EDIT" as the windowclass, then
the class above is used for the window, and the EditWndProc gets called.

Check:

dlls/user/user_main.c:	CLASS_RegisterBuiltinClass( &EDIT_builtin_class );

Ciao, Marcus