Wiki

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Mon Nov 3 10:12:21 CST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Jeremy White wrote:

> I think searchable forums and well written FAQs are the way to go.

Mailing list archives are basically useless for the type of things
that Mike referes to. The information is much too scattered to have
a decent chance of finding anything relevant. Event if our search
engine would work (which it mostly doesn't -- whenever I've tried
to use it I get a heap of non-relevant bits, I have a _much_ better
chance with Google. htdig just sucks IMO) it's still not good
enough. What would you search for to get to the links Mike wants
to post?

A Wiki would provide a nice scratch pad for this type of info,
and when enough is entered, we can reorganize it (and promote it)
as a regular HTML page like the others. I think it brings value
(and no, I don't think it's the same as the old FOM).

--
Dimi.