New tarball of valgrind for WINE available

Adam Gundy arg at cyberscience.com
Tue Nov 4 04:57:07 CST 2003

At 23:06 03/11/2003 +0100, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
>> Trying to run valgrind on wine directx (running Unreal2 with nvidia openGL
>> drivers)
>
>I think it's best to use software GL when using Valgrind... It is reported
>to make the DRI crash and not support all syscalls needed by the NVIDIA GL
>drivers.
>
>Anyway, I have a different issue :
>
>valgrind: vg_ldt.c:167 (vgPlain_do_useseg): Assertion (seg_selector & 7) == 7' failed.

that looks like an incorrect or corrupt segment selector (thread local storage).

one possibility is that it is trying to use the GDT instead of the LDT - are you
using WINE with NPTL? try it with NPTL disabled if you are...

Seeya,
 Adam
--
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write,
it should be hard to read, and even harder to modify.