tools/winapi/msvcmaker trouble

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 20:19:29 CST 2003

I have been having trouble with it but on Windows. I would really like
to have it work on Windows as I dont always have access to a running
linux system.

Cygwin, Active Perl and Msys perl all give this error:

Administrator at REACTOS-LAPTOP /e/source/winehq/wine
$ tools/winapi/msvcmaker
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 52.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 116.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 440.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1031.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1091.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1141.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1180.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1217.
Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at
tools/winapi/msvcmak
er line 1234.
Execution of tools/winapi/msvcmaker aborted due to compilation errors.

Administrator at REACTOS-LAPTOP /e/source/winehq/wine