Assertion failure: DDRAW_width_bpp_to_pitch

Thomas Brix Larsen killar at get2net.dk
Sun Nov 9 04:19:23 CST 2003

Hi list,
I have been trying to get "The Sims: Hot date" working with wine.

But an Assertion failure happens, which I don't think I'm able to fix:

err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such file or directory
err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit /dev/mixer1: No such file or directory
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x404f3c08)->(00000000,00000008)
fixme:imm:ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd (0x10022): semi-stub
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x404f46b0)->(00010022,00000808)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x404f46b0)->(00010022,00000811)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 800x600)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_ChangeDisplaySettingsExW Cannot change screen
BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 800x600)
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel level=DSSCL_PRIORITY
not fully supported
fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt dwFlags DDBLT_WAIT and/or
DDBLT_ASYNC: can't handle right now.
wine: main.c:645: DDRAW_width_bpp_to_pitch: Assertion `bpp != 0' failed.
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

I'm using the CVS version from a few days ago.

Greetings,
-- Thomas