old addition: winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Nov 11 17:14:51 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:56:56 +0100, Sir Ferenc Wagner scribed thus:
>
>>> I think he did but... SMTP is a horrible protocol.  HTTP
>>> is sweet.  :-)
>>
>> They got complicated the same way when the machine is behind
>> a firewall or proxy, I am afraid.  It's a pity Windows does
>> not have a standard mailer...
>
> MAPI?  For HTTP wininet is the standard service provider.

At first reading, it does not help much with posting
forms...  Anyway, it has the same problem as the Shell API:
it is not supported on NT3.  But do we really care?

On the other hand, I can imagine creating a Web form for
file uploads, which could be used if everything else fails,
and would also be easy to talk to through Winsock.

Feri.