suggestion: Get native uxtheme and native common controlls working on WINE and ReactOS

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 10:20:44 CST 2003

Hello Kevin,
--- Kevin Koltzau <kevin at plop.org> wrote:
> It is not possible to get native uxtheme from an XP installation
> working under
> wine.
> However I am currently working on a uxtheme.dll implementation for
> wine that
> will support loading native WinXP themes, which when finished I'm
> sure could
> be used by ROS.

We have a uxtheme.dll that is being developed in ReactOS cvs also that
supports loading native WinXP themes and we have a theme dumping
program. You are welcome to look at the code and discuss the work with
our developer KJK:Hyperion. I cannot help with sharing this code with
ReactOS and Winehq as this developer wishes to remain under a
Pseudonym. I would much rather get a working implementation going in
Winehq and use your uxtheme.

Thanks
Steven