X Error of failed request

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Tue Nov 18 10:38:17 CST 2003

"Robert Shearman" <R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk> writes:

>> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>>   Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
>>   Serial number of failed request:  93
>>   Current serial number in output stream:  98
>
> There is a message describing the problem and the resolution here:
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/08/0356.html
>
> Unfortunately, it will require downloading the patch in the mentioned
> in the message, reversing it from the source and compiling it.  If you
> and other people are unhappy with this not being fixed, raise your
> voices on wine-devel. Hopefully someone will take the time to submit a
> proper fix to this.

*raises his voice* Please fix this, if you can.  This is the last piece
in a big puzzle for me and I'd really want it seen fixed.  I tried
reversing the patch out of 20030813 but it still fails with similar X
errors as the one above:

 Error of failed request:  180
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  7 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  7105

Sometimes it's a "BadDrawable" error.

Erik.