Reject wildcards in directory names

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 14:27:36 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> > I have looked into this a bit more and I think your confusion
> > stems from the fact that you run 'make test', which doesn't
> > run tests marked 'todo_wine'.
>
> This is incorrect. 'make test' runs all tests. It expects normal tests
> to succeed and todo_wine tests to fail. It will complain if a normal
> test fails or if a todo_wine succeeds.

Yep, that is my understanding.  Although, the complaint when a todo_wine
succeeds is only a warning: the test is still marked as having
passed.  For example:

[...]
listbox.c:129: Test succeeded
listbox.c:134: Test succeeded inside todo block: style 0x4000, step step, field caret: expected 2, got 2
listbox.c:134: Test succeeded
[...]

> This may still explain the confusion.

Pretty much ...

[...]
> >  wine dlls/kernel/tests/kernel32_crosstest.exe directory

This doesn't work for me... (isn't _crosstest from compiling with a
cross-compiler?).  The nearest I get that does something is:
   ./wine dlls/kernel/tests/kernel32_test.exe.so directory
which *does* produce 8 failures as you described.

Clearing things up (at least, in my own mind), this only happens because
you don't set the platform to be "wine".  For example:
   WINETEST_PLATFORM=wine ./wine dlls/kernel/tests/kernel32_test.exe.so directory

Not setting WINETEST_PLATFORM to "wine" has the same effect as moving
those tests outside of the wine_todo block, hence the errors.

Cheers,

Paul.

----
Paul Millar