Default handler for OLE interface

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Nov 20 03:30:21 CST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:53:56 +0100, Sir olivier evalet scribed thus:
> Hello,
> I'm looking to create a default handler for these interfaces:
> - IStorage

Hi,

I think we already have an implementation for the OLE provided IStorage
implementation. The others I'm not sure about.

> The reason of this... I just want to display an OLE component without
> binding with the native atl.dll. I have found a pure win32 example to
> implement this.

I don't understand, sorry. ATL is a set of C++ convenience wrappers around
COM and is redistributable. All the infrastructure for displaying embedded
OLE/AcitveX controls is already in Wine... do you think we're missing
something?

> So, If I want to use a "null" IStorage default handler, does there
> already exist or I must implement it?

Does OLE provide such a beast? I've never encountered it if so, only the
standard compound document IStorage impl. If Windows provides an IStorage
that goes to /dev/null we should implement that too.

> As I can see in the source code, OLE is really hard for my head.

Yes, it can be confusing.

thanks -mike