Windows programs no more running with the new wine-glibc

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Nov 20 17:26:22 CST 2003

Le jeu 20/11/2003 à 18:13, Sylvain Petreolle a écrit :
> Vincent,
> after doing some tests,
> even with this applied, I must run Wine several times to have a windows
> program starting, otherwise I have the error message.
>
> Do you thnk that downloading prelink is another workaround ?

If you only have exec-shield bothering you, you can try
setarch i386 wine ...
It'll disable it for this run only.

Or, if you want to disable it in a more complete way, echo
0>/proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield (or exec-shield-random). It'll go away
until next reboot.

Still, it's strange that prelink didn't got installed in the first
place...

> > If you're hit by this, in file /etc/sysconfig/prelink, change
> > PRELINK_OPTS=-mR
> > PRELINK_OPTS="-mR --no-exec-shield"
>
> Merci à ton pote et désolé du dérangement ;)

Pas de problème :)

Vincent