include files

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Nov 20 18:35:27 CST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Ralf Juengling <juenglin at cse.ogi.edu> writes:
>
> > Why doesn't it also add
> > /whereever/include/wine/msvcrt ?
>
> Because not everybody wants to use msvcrt. Unless you need some
> specific features of the Windows C run time, in a Winelib app you are
> better off using the standard Unix C library.

Actually, just recently I was thinking about making winemaker use msvcrt
by default and add a --no-msvcrt option to disable that behavior.

The rationale is that on Windows most developpers use Visual C++, and
Visual C++ uses msvcrt by default. And since one of the goals is to make
it easy to migrate Visual C++ code to Winelib, generating makefiles that
use msvcrt would make sense (it also why we link with advapi32,
comdlg32, etc, this is the default set of libraries Visual C++ links
with).

                Linux: It is now safe to turn on your computer.