removed problem with OpenGL extensions under X11

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 01:38:14 CST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:50:13PM +0100, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> This patch fixes a problem with bad OpenGL libraries wich uncorrectly
> report the Extensions they support. Those libs would incorrectly report
> not supporting glXGetProcAddresARB, on which wine relies for OpenGL
> extension support. The problem was noticed with libGL from XFree86 4.2
> under Linux x86.

Well, this poses the question : what should we do regarding broken libraries
Wine depends upon ? Add 'incorrect' code in Wine (although in this case,
it's not THAT incorrect :-) ) or report the bug to the library maintainers
and wait for them to fix the issue ?

Note that according to some DRI maintainer 'I had forgotten that the old
libGL was that broken' :-)

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/