Move the system.ini/[drivers32] section to the registry

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 24 14:00:41 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 22, 2003 03:18 am, Eric Pouech wrote:
>
>>This will break any native Win9x driver configuration.
>

> OK, here it is again, this time around with system.ini support
> still in here. Hope this one is acceptable.
the only part that bugs me is that we may use twice the same device if
it's present both in system.ini and registry. I didn't test how MS
behaves regarding this, but this may cause some issues.
Also, as Andi pointed out, getting completly rid of system.ini could
break some old apps peeking directly in system.ini (I don't know either
how this is supported under NT).
All of this requires IMO further testings (not that current patch is
bad, but we don't have yet a clear picture of where we want to go).

A+