Reject wildcards in directory names

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Nov 25 15:35:30 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>I'll send a patch, then.
>>

>Note that this needs a general solution. Please don't just add a
>special case in GetFileAttributes.

My existing patch is in DOSFS_GetFullName, which is called by
GetFileAttributes. Another thing, however, is that I'm begining to doubt
whether it is indeed used for what you said it is. It seems that calling
"GetFileAttributesW" on Windows 98 returns 120 (function not
implemented). This casts a great doubt on whether that is indeed the
purpose of calling "GetFileAttributesW". In any case, calling
"GetFileAttributesA" on Windows 98 indeed yields "2" (file not found).

>>I already have a plan for doing that. Unfortunetly, it's not a nice
>>one. Basically, it means changing unicows.spec.c after it's
>>generated. I'll try to create the makefile so that this will still
>>support dynamic changes.
>>

>Why would you need to do that?

Because I don't seem to be able to define a function called
"GetProcAddress" in a winelib dll.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration & consulting