Reject wildcards in directory names

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Nov 26 04:48:51 CST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:24:02PM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>
> > What do you mean by "delayed imports". When I defined, proper, the
> > entire spec as actual functions, I got conflicts when I tried to
> > define GetProcAddress. In any case, even then I'm going to need to
> > call GetProcAddress (yes, I guess I can use the same strange macros to
> > do that, or call the native NT function. I'd rather not do that,
> > however).
> >
> > These problems are apparent in the experimental patch I sent
> > (http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/11/0098.html).
>
> That patch builds just fine for me. You know, I'd really like to help
> you, but this is very frustrating: I'm sure I could give you a
> solution in 2 minutes if I actually saw the problem; instead of that
> you waste your time trying to modify the generated .spec.c file, and I
> waste my time trying to guess what error you are seeing. How about
> sending me the exact code that fails, with the exact error messages?
>
> OK, in the meantime I'll try to continue guessing. I suppose you
> called your implementation GetProcAddress, which of course makes it
> impossible to call the kernel32 one. If that's the problem, you should
> simply use a different name for your function, and do the mapping in
> the spec file. So you do something like:
Well, if he has such trouble getting the GetProcAddress call resolved properly,
then why not instead not use the normal import mechanism, but getting
the pointer to that problematic function manually by doing a
pFunc = GetProcAddress(hModKernel32, "GetProcAddress"); ?

Awww, wait... something's borken here ;)

Score: -255, insanely funny

Andreas Mohr

P.S.: you may say what you want, but that WAS my first idea, until I realized
certain issues with that... ;)
P.P.S.: who the §$&/! reenabled mail delivery for my wine-devel account?
Oh well... it's about time to join the discussion again anyway :)