Wine lecture slides

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Nov 27 08:37:48 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 14:02, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> - What is the current status of "--with-nptl" on RH9? Is it positively
> necessary to include that when running ./configure? I know it's not
> necessary when running wineinstall.

--with-nptl is no longer required and has been removed, at least, it
doesn't appear in my CVS/mainline copy. NPTL is now detected at runtime.

> At some point, corel-wine died. Why did it die? When did that
> happen?

Corel decided that the Linux bandwagon was over, and ceased working on
Wine. They *did* release a copy of WordPerfect for Linux, however it was
felt by the team that they released it too early while it was still
highly unstable and buggy. Apparently a "1.1" version was made available
internally which was much improved, but it never officially saw the
light of day.

That's all I know - it was before my time ;)

thanks -mike