Dropped wildcards patch

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Nov 29 23:03:50 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>Are you sure you want the functions to only return the invalid
>>argument error if the file is actually not found? It creates
>>inconsistancies. An invalid argument is invalid whether the file is
>>there or not.
>>

>It's not invalid on Unix, that's the whole point. If we make them
>illegal right away it means you won't be able to access legally named
>Unix files. While checking for existence first will make no difference
>in 99% of the cases, it will do the right thing when a file with a
>wildcard exists in the file system, and I think that's worth a little
>inconsistency.

I'm not sure I agree, but this is one of those cases where I guess we
won't convince each other. As your'e the boss on that one, that's what
I'll do.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration & consulting

The opinions expressed in this mail are my own, and do not necessarily
represent the opinions of my employer.
Wait! I am self employed! Hmm...