Dropped wildcards patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Nov 29 20:07:22 CST 2003

Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:

> Are you sure you want the functions to only return the invalid
> argument error if the file is actually not found? It creates
> inconsistancies. An invalid argument is invalid whether the file is
> there or not.

It's not invalid on Unix, that's the whole point. If we make them
illegal right away it means you won't be able to access legally named
Unix files. While checking for existence first will make no difference
in 99% of the cases, it will do the right thing when a file with a
wildcard exists in the file system, and I think that's worth a little
inconsistency.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com