Help needed to run a windows application in Linux

saravanan saravananv at erdcitvm.org
Mon Nov 17 07:38:30 CST 2003

  Hai all,
    I would like to know is it possible to run/port a Flash application (uses a database) in linux using the WINE S/w. I have got an application "English Tutor" developed for windows ( Developed using Flash software). It uses the MS Access database & also it will run only if the CD is present in the system. I want to make it work in Linux.I tried to run the installation program directly from the CD using wine. But It did not work.

  When I run the EXE of the program directly it showed the following errors
  fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x77a3f770: spincount=1000 not supported

  fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x77a3f7e0: spincount=1000 not supported

  fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x77a3fbc8),stub!

  fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub

  err:ole:CoGetClassObject couldn't load InprocServer32 dll C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SCRIPT BLOCKING\SCRBLOCK.DLL

  fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228}, hres is 0x80040150

  fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub

  fixme:ole:CoSetState ((nil)),stub!

   Do anybody has any idea. Please reply

                                                                                                                      Saravanan. V