XEN: Another virtual machine

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 2 12:06:26 CDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 05:42 am, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/README
> sounds very promising for those interested in virtual machines.
>
> Bye

Very impressive.  I recommend the PDF at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/papers/2003-xensosp.pdf referenced from the
readme.  Too bad it requires kernel changes, but considering that they seem
to have something worked out with Microsoft to play with the XP sources, very
cool.  I betcha these guys are gonna make some money.

--
gmt

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his
 hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H. L. Mencken