Wineconf 2004, otherwise known as...

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Thu Oct 2 14:04:59 CDT 2003

> I think the key factor is not a place, but someone who is willing
> to pull it all together.  If you're saying you'll do that, Ivan,
> I think folks would be interested.
 * A meeting space for 2 days
My idea was a hotel, I understand you want something cheap, but a little
conference room for 2 days won't cost too much, no schools here has broadband and
I don't have any other ideas for a meeting place. I'll make enquiries tomorrow
as hotels here don't have there congress teams in the afternoon, but we have
international congresses here all the time. The only thing that may be missing
is a wireless hub, but that can be solved easily before January.
 I hope the idea of a hotel is OK for you.
   * Arrangements for moderately price hotel rooms
Not a problem in low season (And you can't go any lower than January)
  * Advice on transportation, which should be straightforward
Not a problem, but remember this isn't a English speaking country. I can give
very detailed indications, or we can have meet at the airport and come to
Sorrento as a group
  * A meal or two, and drinks for at least one evening
Not a problem if we're in a hotel
  * We'll have all CodeWeavers Wine hackers in town for the event
You have to get them here
  * Free buttons for  the St. Paul Winter Carnival:
We don't have a winter carnival :-(
I'm not a wine developer so you must let me know what you want to talk about and
for how long, so we can agree on a schedule, let me know what else is needed.