Regression in lstrcmpiA (occurred in late June, NLS related)

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Thu Oct 2 17:06:26 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:34, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> > Can we perhaps write a tool that dumps those tables on a running MS
> > system as header files that wine can use? Would this be allowable?
>
> I really hope that we could find a solution without doing that.

Indeed - since doing that would compromise redistribution in Australia. There
is a seminal case in which a table contained in a computer program was held
to have copyright separately to the computer program itself. Thus to be
distributable here (at least), the table either needs to be capable of
generation or computation from established objective rules (which would tend
to negate copyright), or a method of reproducing the result without the table
would need to be devised.